tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yassine <elas...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject Active Directory Forest Realm?
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 14:11:58 GMT
Hi folks,

while JNDIRealm does supports LDAP as a "back end", i wanted to know
if there is a way to get
JNDIRealm to support AD Forest?

as i want to integrate my application into the Customer's
infrastructure which does have a Master Forest with n domains
in it, to allow all the users inside each domain to be able to access
the application.
ForestA
    |--domain.com
    |--domainname.domain.com

 		Hashtable env = new Hashtable(11);
 		env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory");
 		env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"ldap://foresthost.com:389");

 		env.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, "simple");
 		env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL,"username@domainname.domain.com");
 		env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "password");
 		//env.put( Context.REFERRAL, "follow");

 		try {

 			DirContext ctx = new InitialDirContext(env);
			System.out.println("OK");

actually i want to do a bind based authentication, but I'm still not
able to get that to work any ideas or best practice to share?

thanks
Yassine

Yassine Elassad
Bonn, Germany.
Fon : +49 228 97629355
Mobile : +49 157 74519666

PEACE :
( P ) Positive ( E ) Energy ( A ) Always ( C ) Correct ( E ) Errors.