tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Access Deny of Tomcat
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:18:48 GMT
FreddieWeng wrote:
> I'm using Tomcat 6.0.18, which was downloaded from tomcat.apache.org, with
> jvm 6.0.07 on Windows XP.

Which one did you download and install ?
In Tomcat 5 .. Binary distributions .. Core..
there are 2 : a "zip" version, and a Windows Installer.
Which one did you download and install ?

> I was just trying to see if Tomcat works.

Check first if it is running.
If you installed the Windows Installer version, then in the "Windows
Services" part of your control panel, you should see a service "Apache
Tomcat", marked as running.  True ?

> I created a new directory in the Tomcat home directory,
That's not the right place.

and then tried to
> use IE in a client to see the file info within that directory, but failed.
What URL did you enter in IE, and what happened ? What message did you
get in IE ?

> No firewall was using.
> I'm wondering if I have to change something settings in Tomcat Server first,
> e.g. provide access authority to specific clients?
No.