tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: GlobalNamingResources outside of server.xml
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:39:37 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Anthony J. Biacco wrote:
>> I did end up trying it and it did work, I just didn't know if it was something that's
frowned upon, or would for whatever reason was planned to be phased out/deprecated.

> Nope. That is absolutely fine. I know of a number of large corporations
> that use that feature extensively. We get it essentially for free with
> the xml parser so it is going to stay.

My ears just kind of popped up on this thread.
Would not the same kind of subterfuge be applicable for the case where
you send an updated app as a war-file to a customer (thus including its
web.xml), but this customer has his own different parameters to set in
the web.xml ?