tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Deploying to Tomcat Server
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:33:06 GMT
Richard,
Considering your later comment about you doing this for free, I
apologise for my earlier jibe.

My guess : you simply have a "CR" or a quote misplaced in your
startup.bat file.  This can be the result of a variable value being
inserted, maybe by another script which calls startup.bat.
Add some "echo" statements around the place where you see a command
using, for example, JAVA_OPTS.

Richard Coutinho wrote:
> Looks like the -Dsun message is coming from the catalina.bat file
>
> I will look more closely at this file.
>
> I will let you know how this gets resolved.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Go Canucks Go!

$CATALINA_HOME pointing to the local Tomcat directory

> I am developing this website for a non-profit group to which I belong on my own time
for free.  This is my way of giving back to the community.

> Thx

site and look for differences.  Also note that Tomcat allow specification of command-line
properties via environment variables, and you may have one with an invalid value.  The variables
are CATALINA_OPTS and JAVA_OPTS in more modern versions of Tomcat; I don't know if there's
anything corresponding in the ancient one you're using.