tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ronald G. Belcher" <>
Subject new installation uid / pwd problem
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 15:28:40 GMT
I'm a newbie who just installed Tomcat 5.5.  Installation messages told
me the userid was tomcat55.  When I attempted to view "Status", "Tomcat
Administration", or "Tomcat Manager" from my browser, I was asked for a
userid and pw.  Of course, not knowing the password, I was treated to a
message that said "Access to the requested resource has been denied".
Now I can't seem to do anything to get past the error, not even
rebooting and/or restarting Tomcat.  Help!  Ron

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message