tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tomcat, mod_jk, and apache
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 18:39:56 GMT
Jordan Michaels wrote:
>  > Another possibility is having a single source for your host setup,
> with some kind of script/program to generate both the httpd and Tomcat
> config files from that.  (That could turn out to be a marketable product.)
>  >

The organisation of the Tomcat documentation is sometimes a bit
confusing.  Here is an example :
I do not know if this relates to what you are looking for, but it may be
worth looking at anyway :
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/apache.html
and have a look at the section
Using Tomcat auto-configure

Don't ask me how I got to the above Tomcat documentation page, nor if
this represents the state-of-the-art. I think it was from the top
documentation page, then the Reference section on the left, then the "JK
1.2 documentation", then some "Apache howto".
One would want to hide that page, he could not do much better.  Maybe
there is a reason...