tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Jsp working fine from tomcat, but displaying source when accessed through apache (Only on Firefox)
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 16:29:05 GMT
newToMina wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.  The JK mount is difined as follows. The wired thing is
> that first couple of page of the application is working fine. Only a
> purticular page is giving this problem. (the response headers were for this
> page). I have no clue on why is it happening. For some reason the firefox
> render this page in quirk mode when accessing through apache.
> # appname
> JkMount /appname/servlet/* tomcat5
> JkMount /appname/*.jsp tomcat5
> Alias /appname "/usr/local/tomcat5/webapps/appname"
> <Directory "/usr/local/tomcat5/webapps/appname">
>     Options FollowSymLinks
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>

And there is the problem. Configuring httpd and Tomcat to serve content
from the same part of the file system is asking for trouble.
/WEB-INF/web.xml is probably exposed too.

Don't configure httpd to serve content from Tomcat's appBase and you'll
be fine.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message