tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Cannot access Tomcat from Host Machine PLZ Help
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 12:21:40 GMT
timmy_ wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have an xp host with a CentOS 5.3 installed with vmware.
> I installed tomcat 6.0.18 and I may access my applications from localhost.
>
> However I may not access them through http://{ipAddres}:8080/{appName}
>
> I have port 8080 open, the address attribute on the connector tag is not set
> so it should accept incoming connections from any ip address.
>
> I have searched all day and I can't find a solution...
>
> May anyone plz help me??? Thanks!!

Sure, but you may have to ask the VMWare guys first.
Considering the information you have provided so far (not much), I would
guess that the problem may be that you have not told VMWare to act as a
gateway between the xp machine and the virtual machine inside VMWare.
Try a ping to (ipAddress) from another machine for a start.
If that works, then try (still from another machine), a "telnet
(ipaddress) 8080", and see if at least you get a connection.