tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl>
Subject Re: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stoppedalready
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:09:00 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:
> On 4/2/2009 4:49 PM, Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:
>
>> I observe almost identical exceptions when I redeploy webapplication
>> that uses quartz scheduler. It looks like after webapp's instance has
>> been undeployed, background quartz thread wants to do something and then
>> exception occurs.
>>

> If that's the trouble, then Quartz is being improperly shut down when
> the application is being taken out of service. I would recommend
> explicitly terminating Quartz at application shutdown... otherwise it'll
> hang around doing weird things like this.

Hi Chris,

Actually I didn't pay much attention to that problem ;-)

After some googling I've found few interesting pages:
http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=17833 and
http://evolutionarygoo.com/blog/?p=37
It looks like Spring cannot shutdown quartz properly.

Anyway, I know what to fix now. Thanks for bringing my attention to the
subject.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <miki@ceti.pl>