tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How to debug Error: listenerStart?
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 14:40:55 GMT
Dan Armbrust wrote:
[...]

> Actually,  it's not.  The stack trace is not present in _any_ log file
> that Tomcat is creating, in my instance of Tomcat.  So, I seem to have
> a secondary problem that is messing up Tomcats logging configuration.
>
> Any idea what I should check, to figure out why I don't have a <Host> log file?

Sorry, no.
The mysteries related to Tomcat logging are only disclosed to 1st-class
Tomcat Gurus and System Packaging High-Priests.  They are not disclosed
to us mere mortals.
;-)

This being said, you may want to have a look at how your Tomcat is being
started (meaning the startup script(s)), and see if they haven't done
some high-level redirection of STDOUT/STDERR to SYSLOG or something.