tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Taylan Develioglu <>
Subject Re: CPU usage with APR and connectionTimeout impact
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 13:37:56 GMT
You're right. I missed it. APR has the same attributes as the HTTP

I think a seperate overview of attributes per connector would be clearer.

The HTTP connectionTimeout description states:

- The number of milliseconds this *Connector* will wait, after accepting
a connection, for the request URI line to be presented. The default
value is 60000 (i.e. 60 seconds).

'0' is not explicitly defined as a special value. According to the
description it would mean a wait period of 0 milliseconds for the uri to
be presented. This would make the connector practically useless.

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Taylan Develioglu []
>> Subject: Re: CPU usage with APR and connectionTimeout impact
>> according to the documentation there exists no connectionTimeout
>> attribute for the apr connector.
> Which documentation is that?  Note that the HTTP connector attributes apply when running
in APR mode.  Quoting from the APR-specific doc:
> "The following attributes are supported in the HTTP APR connector in addition to the
ones supported in the regular HTTP connector:"
> What's not clear in the doc is that many of the HTTP attributes also apply to the NIO
version of the protocol handler.