tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <jsm...@infotrustgroup.com>
Subject RE: Help with a Tomcat issue???
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 14:02:48 GMT
As follow-up, I guess I would have to count this as a core Java API bug, since the high-level
functions (HttpURLConnection) allow you to routinely emit bad markup.

However, wouldn't it be prudent in Tomcat to recognize that something has gone wrong with
the method name earlier?  Should method names ever be allowed to contain numbers?  How about
carriage returns and other white space?

So the root question is, should I write this up as a low-priority bug, or is the current behavior
desired?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 2:40 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Help with a Tomcat issue???

Jason Smith wrote:
> Solved.  You gave me a clue that helped solve it, though Tomcat could handle this better
(not put '0 POST' in for the method name in the first place).

> Sun's implementation of HttpURLConnector apparently creates a new ChunkedOutputStream
every time you call .getOutputStream().  In other words, multiple calls to conn.getOutputStream().close();
cause corrupted output.  Calling .close() on the same output stream does not cause corrupted
output.

Glad you found the problem.

Mark