tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leon Rosenberg <rosenberg.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: adding files to classpath
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:12:13 GMT
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Leon Rosenberg
<rosenberg.leon@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Caldarale, Charles R
>>
>> This is one of those rare instances where you actually could extend the Tomcat classpath
with a reference to your config directory, as long as you don't mind sharing >those resources
across all your webapps and don't mind restarting Tomcat to change the config.

update, i added to the bottom of setclasspath.sh:

export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$HOME/etc/configuration

everything seems to work (including new stuff and old stuff), could I
have broken anything I don't see yet by this?

My classpath now is:  ::/Users/lrosenberg/etc/configuration
(yes its a mac)

regards
Leon

P.S. Chuck, I still don't get the "don't mind restarting Tomcat to
change the config" line, what do you mean? I actually see changes in
my configs propagated into the code:-)