tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mdunford <martin.dunf...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6.0.18 examples recompile ok but dont work!!
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 17:03:05 GMT

>> I go and recompile HelloWorldExample
>> javac HelloWorldExample.java

> javac -cp ../../../../lib/servlet-api.jar HelloWorldExample.java

I tried this. No luck.

>I've done the same thing on my 6.0.18 installation, and it works fine.  Do
you have a JAVA_HOME or >JRE_HOME environment variable set?  If so, what's
the value?

No, how should I set these?

One last thing. I installed latest Java and Tomcat on my Asus PC (Xandros
Linux),
and did exactly what I'm trying to do here without a problem i,e I
recompiled
HelloWorldExampe.java and it worked perfectly. Since my JRE/JDK appears to
be same on Mac and Linux box and Tomcat is the same I am baffled...