tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: GlobalNamingResources outside of server.xml
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:48:16 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: GlobalNamingResources outside of server.xml
>
> In this webapp, are some servlets that I get from third-parties, and
> which need installation-specific settings in the web.xml deployment
> descriptor, settings which are present as <param-name> and
> <param-value>.

Rather than having those parameters in WEB-INF/web.xml, put them in a separately distributed
<Context> element as nested <Parameter> elements.  Have the customer place this
<Context> element in conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml at deployment time; this will
avoid having to modify the .war file.

 - Chuck