tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: DEPLOY ON STARTUP
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 17:33:18 GMT
> From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
> Subject: Re: DEPLOY ON STARTUP
>
> Any context defined in server.xml always gets deployed.
> deployOnStartup and autoDeploy apply only to contexts
> 'discovered' by Tomcat.

With both autoDeploy and deployOnStartup disabled and no <Context> elements in server.xml
in Tomcat 6.0, I have been unable to discover any means of deploying a webapp.  Is there a
trick to making this a usable configuration, other than putting a <Context> for the
manager webapp in server.xml?

 - Chuck