tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: java.util.logging in tomcat 6
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 19:35:03 GMT
> From: Mikael Brännström [mailto:mikael.brannstrom@gmail.com]
> Subject: java.util.logging in tomcat 6
>
> I have based my tomcat/conf/logging.properties on the
> examples in
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html

The above refers primarily to Tomcat's logging rather than individual webapp logging; they
are normally independent.

> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/myapp].
> handlers
> = 6myapp.org.apache.juli.FileHandler

The above will log messages that arise from org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase and subclasses
thereof via the 6myapp handler.  I think you need to add entries that name the packages that
comprise your webapp (haven't tried it personally).

 - Chuck