tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: HTTP Connector GZIP compression
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2009 15:53:29 GMT
> From: Michael [mailto:sgfan@gmx.net]
> Subject: Re: HTTP Connector GZIP compression
>
> this is my server.xml: http://www.pastie.org/437454

Other than having <Context> elements in there, the only other obviously wrong item is
the compressionMinSize attribute; there isn't one for a <Connector>.

> CompressionMinSize is given bytes, isn't it?

There's no such attribute for a <Connector>, so your question is moot.  Read the doc:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/http.html#Standard%20Implementation

You are testing through port 8080, aren't you?  I don't see any problems with compression
on 5.5.27 when testing on my laptop; I see a header of "Content-Encoding: gzip" on all appropriate

You need to supply the URLs you're using and the response headers as seen by the browser.
 (Live HTTP headers for Firefox is good for this.)

 - Chuck