tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: How to debug Error: listenerStart?
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 18:00:04 GMT
> From: Dan Armbrust [mailto:daniel.armbrust.list@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: How to debug Error: listenerStart?
>
> There is obviously some interaction going on between my webapp
> and tomcat's logging system that I don't know about.

Many Tomcat components associated with a specific webapp will use the webapp's logger.  If
your log4j initialization fails (which appeared to be the case), there may well be no where
to put the messages.  You can try removing the log4j usage from your webapp (probably too
hard), or correct its initialization so that it is available.

 - Chuck