tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: How to debug Error: listenerStart?
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 16:53:39 GMT
> From: Dan Armbrust [mailto:daniel.armbrust.list@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: How to debug Error: listenerStart?
>
> Both of these variables are hard coded into the top of the catalina.sh
> script.  The rest is untouched from stock.

As a side note, you can do this with a separate setenv.sh script to avoid modifying the released
scripts.

> The logging properties appear to match what you expect.

Agreed.

Are you shutting down Tomcat gracefully before looking at the log file?  At some point fairly
recently, the log entries stopped making it to the file system until the process was terminated,
whereas they used to appear pretty much immediately (at least on my Windows boxes; I don't
have any active Linux projects at the moment).  I don't know what changed (I suspect the JRE
- haven't taken the time to go hunting), but it makes it difficult to monitor a running Tomcat.

 - Chuck