tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: How to debug Error: listenerStart?
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 03:13:55 GMT
> From: Dan Armbrust [mailto:daniel.armbrust.list@gmail.com]
> Subject: RE: How to debug Error: listenerStart?
>
> Any thoughts on if this is a bug, a specific problem with
> my tomcat installation, or a design decision that I don't
> agree with?

If you really do want to see all log message pertaining to your webapp on the console, add
this to conf/logging.properties:

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/foo].level = INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/foo].handlers = 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler

Change the logging level to whatever you need, and the app name (/foo, above) to the app of
interest.

 - Chuck