tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stoppedalready
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 02:38:36 GMT
> From: Paulchwd [mailto:paulchwd@sympatico.ca]
> Subject: Illegal access: this web application instance has been
> stoppedalready
>
> INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped
> already.  Could not load java.lang.Object.

Whatever you're doing is attempting multiple stops of your webapp.  This might be a configuration
problem in NetBeans, but since I've never tried to run Tomcat from within an IDE, I can't
help you there.

Can you try running a standalone Tomcat and see if the problem is reproducible with that?

> From my research I read setting reloadable to False would solve
> it (in context.xml) - didn't work

You don't say which context.xml you changed; while you're telling us that, also tell us the
Tomcat version you're using, the JRE/JDK you're running with, and the platform you're on.

> Mar 31, 2009 7:54:48 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> INFO: Container
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/invoicer]
> has already been started

This is another indication that you're doing something twice within NetBeans; again, try running
a standalone Tomcat and see if the problem disappears.  If it does, it's a NetBeans, not Tomcat,
issue.

 - Chuck