tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <>
Subject RE: Connection Pooling questions
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 13:43:34 GMT
 Yes! And also, close out any other connections that may be embedded, like a prepared statement,
result set or stored procedure. These will also show that a connection is still opened if
not explicitly closed!

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:43 PM
Subject: Connection Pooling questions

 Do I have to turn on some kind of cleanup explicitly?

I do close the connections within my program using conn.close(); as the howto suggests. I
thought that when the connections were not used that they would over time be "really" closed
and I would end up with the maxIdle value of 10 open connections within my Pool.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- - Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft(r) Exchange -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: