tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thufir <hawat.thu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: instance has been stopped. could not loadoracle.toplink.essentials...
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 22:31:50 GMT
On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 09:24:08 -0600, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

> (Mixing anything from Oracle with MSSQL?  That's gutsy.)
>
>  - Chuck

Glad you saw that.  It seems like toplink is required for JPA?  Do you
have suggestion beyond "don't use mssql" because mssql is what my school
uses, so I have to connect to that db.

Maybe I should setup some sort of derby thing?  I'm not sure how that
works, but I'm guessing that it would add a layer of abstraction.
However, I'm not sure that would get me anywhere.  Kinda a java question
rather than tomcat.

-Thufir