tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mighty Tornado <mighty.torn...@gmail.com>
Subject Can't use J2EE libraries in Eclipse
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 12:50:09 GMT
Hi,
I am working on Mac OS X.
I have the latest version of Tomcat, and Eclipse Europa.

Mac OS X did not come with J2EE.

I downloaded J2EE with GlassFish from Sun. Set it up by running the setup
shell script. Unfortunately the directory structure is very different now, I
am guessing the J2EE is inside GlassFish somewhere. I need to set it up in
Eclipse to be able to compile Servlets and the like. and I cannot find the
right Jars.

1. Could somebody point me to where the jars are now within GlassFish so I
can add them to Eclipse?
2. Is there a way to install J2EE without this GlassFish stuff, just
alongside the J2SE?

Thank you.