tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anand HS <anan...@gmail.com>
Subject A question about redirecton from users.mydomain.com to mydomain.com/users
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 11:23:15 GMT
Hi,
I have a requirement where I need to configure my Tomcat server to accept
any requests to users.mydomain.com and internally see what the value of
'users ' is and then serve the content from that user subdirectory on
www.mydomain.com.

For eg, if the URL is johndoe.mydomain.com my tomcat should internally map
this to www.mydomain.com/johndoe and render index.html in johndoe subfolder.

Is this type of configuration possible in tomcat. ? Or is this possible in
apache server . ?

Apologise for posing a question that might have answers in apache server.
But i put it here as i want to solve this using tomcat only if it can solve
the problem.

Thanks,
Anand