tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adriano dos Santos Fernandes <adrian...@uol.com.br>
Subject Re: Session lost when app. is redeployed
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:13:46 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R escreveu:
>> From: Adriano dos Santos Fernandes [mailto:adrianosf@uol.com.br]
>> Subject: Re: Session lost when app. is redeployed
>>
>> What cause session lost is redeploy.
>>

> There is no "redeploy" in the Tomcat manager.  What is the exact procedure you're doing?
I mainly used Lambda Probe. I now also tried:
- stop the application
- start the application
- session is preserved

- stop the application
- touch the war
- start the application
- application is undeployed and deployed, and session is lost

So my question is how to update an application, when it have full
serializable sessions, and the new application classes are compatible
with the serialized session?

I didn't see any way to do it with Tomcat...

Adriano