tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ognjen Blagojevic <ogn...@etf.bg.ac.rs>
Subject Re: Tomcat error while starting related to java
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:00:29 GMT
Hi Selvajava,

Read the stack trace carefully. It seems that the class 
com.headstrong.tablecomponent.util.ConfigFileParser is digesting an XML 
file (probably TableProperties.xml), and during that process the 
exception is thrown - probably due to malformed XML.

It seems that it doesn't have anything to do with the Tomcat. It is 
webapp config issue.

Regards,
Ognjen


selvajava wrote:
> HI All,
> I am getting following error while starting tomcat.. But tomcat staring
> successfully..
> 
> <2009-03-10
> 12:11:11,533>[DEBUG][TableComponentServlet](TableComponentServlet.java:59)[main]
> - TableProperties URL is
> file:/C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%205.0/webapps/dte/WEB-INF/classes/TableProperties.xml
> <2009-03-10
> 12:11:11,533>[DEBUG][TableComponentServlet](TableComponentServlet.java:60)[main]
> - TCConfig URL is
> file:/C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%205.0/webapps/dte/WEB-INF/classes/TCConfig.xml
> <2009-03-10 12:11:11,970>[ERROR][Digester](Digester.java:1132)[main] - End
> event threw exception
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 	at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.invokeMethod(PropertyUtilsBean.java:1773)
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.setSimpleProperty(PropertyUtilsBean.java:1759)
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.setNestedProperty(PropertyUtilsBean.java:1648)
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.setProperty(PropertyUtilsBean.java:1677)
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtilsBean.setProperty(BeanUtilsBean.java:1022)
> 	at org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.setProperty(BeanUtils.java:313)
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.digester.BeanPropertySetterRule.end(BeanPropertySetterRule.java:197)
> 	at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1130)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1666)
> 	at
> com.headstrong.tablecomponent.util.ConfigFileParser.parseConfigFile(ConfigFileParser.java:115)
> 	at
> com.headstrong.tablecomponent.servlet.TableComponentServlet.init(TableComponentServlet.java:71)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1029)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:862)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4013)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4357)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:823)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.java:277)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:832)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:625)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:431)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:983)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:349)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1091)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:789)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:478)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:480)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2313)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:556)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 	at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:287)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:425)
> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/commons/lang/NullArgumentException
> 	at
> com.headstrong.tablecomponent.table.ColumnHeader.setHtmlRenderer(ColumnHeader.java:110)
> 	... 50 more
> <2009-03-10
> 12:11:11,986>[ERROR][TableComponentServlet](TableComponentServlet.java:87)[main]
> - Exception while initiating the component.
> com.headstrong.tablecomponent.exception.TableComponentRuntimeException:
> SAXException while parsing the file
> 	at
> com.headstrong.tablecomponent.util.ConfigFileParser.parseConfigFile(ConfigFileParser.java:118)
> 	at
> com.headstrong.tablecomponent.servlet.TableComponentServlet.init(TableComponentServlet.java:71)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1029)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:862)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4013)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4357)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:823)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.java:277)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:832)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:625)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:431)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:983)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:349)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1091)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:789)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:478)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:480)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2313)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:556)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 	at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:287)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:425)
> Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2919)
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2945)
> 	at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1133)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1666)
> 	at
> com.headstrong.tablecomponent.util.ConfigFileParser.parseConfigFile(ConfigFileParser.java:115)
> 	... 28 more
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message