tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: friendly urls
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:55:51 GMT
* is mapped to the default servlet. And this is done system wide in
conf/web.xml. You can turn that behavior off and require each webpp to
map *. But then youi also need to make sure you have a way to serve
static content like images. (Which is what the default servlet does)

A better way is to use a Filter. The filter can look at the URL  -
determine if it is SEO friendly URL, and then perform a
RequestDispatcher.forward() to the "real servlet".

-Tim