tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Zak Mc Kracken <zakmc...@yahoo.it>
Subject Re: RemoteAddrValve and RemoteHostValve
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 10:25:39 GMT
Gregor Schneider wrote:

> you've been asking the valve-stuff because you want to limit the
> access to requests coming from localhost only?

Yep!

> why then not make tomcat listen on localhost only? configuration for
> that's a walk in the park...

My Tomcat is serving a number of webapps, I want to restrict access to
one only (the others are proper end-user-dedicated applications).
Furthermore, it's more modular if I can set up such restriction rules
into the app's WAR, rather than at Tomcat configuration level. So, it
should be as previously explained, or am I missing something?

Cheer.

M.