tomcat-users mailing list archives

From michel <compu...@videotron.ca>
Subject Re: mysite.com:8080 not loading - install problem?
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 00:52:45 GMT
the 'ps' command should tell you if Tomcat is even running ...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 8:40 PM
Subject: RE: mysite.com:8080 not loading - install problem?

> From: sraisz [mailto:sraisz@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: mysite.com:8080 not loading - install problem?

> There is no entry for tomcat on any port. Where do I fix this?

1) Did you start the Tomcat process with the startup.sh script?

2) Are you using a real Tomcat downloaded from tomcat.apache.org, or a
notoriously troublesome 3rd-party repackaged version?

3) What's in the Tomcat logs?  (Good luck finding them if you've installed a
repackaged Tomcat.)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.