tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bharath R <bharath.mail.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Enabling Basic Authentication and SSL for the same WebApplication on Tomcat 6
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 15:24:55 GMT
Hi,

    I am new to web development. We have a servlet for which both Basic
Authentication and SSL has to be enabled. We are using tomcat 6 to host our
web application. I would like to know how do we configure the same
application to enable both authentication. Say, if the users access the
application from HTTP, it should request for username and password (Basic
authentication) and if the users use https, it should authenticate using
certificate. We are able to enable only one at a time, ie. either BASIC or
SSL. How do we enable both for the same authentication?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Bharath