tomcat-users mailing list archives

From i_am_superman <ee...@OBJECTIVATION.NL>
Subject Issue with SSL server/ network configuration
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:52:11 GMT

Hi y'all,

I have a fairly complex issue regarding Tomcat server configuration, so I'll
try to explain:

I have two web applications that need to run in one Tomcat server.
Application 1 needs client certificates, so I need to configure an SSL
connector with 'clientAuth="yes"'
Application 2 needs NO client certificates, and users should not be bothered
with questions about client certificates; so I can not use
'clientAuth="want"', I have to use 'clientAuth="no"' here.

Now the easiest thing to do (I think) is to have two keystores, two server
certificates, two domain names; one for each application.

Now the problem is right now: I only have one keystore, domain name,
certificate (certificates cost money you know...).

My question to you peoples: is there a simple way to map one domain name to
two different SSL connectors? Port-forwarding based on web context? The
latter seems possible, yet a bit flakey.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Eelco