tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat for Dummies
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:33:45 GMT
> From: Ken Bowen [mailto:kbowen@als.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat for Dummies

> I believe (but do not know -- Chuck, Mark??) that Tomcat essentially
> creates a (new or recycled) thread in which to run  contextDestroyed .

Looks like it's actually the thread that processes the request for the Tomcat manager app
that calls contextDestroyed() (and contextIntitialized() when restarting); no new threads
are spawned or picked up out of the pool.  (Verified by setting maxThreads="1" and displaying
the thread name in the listener.)

 - Chuck