tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: What happened to the Tomact 6 Monitor?
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 18:06:28 GMT
> From: Gary Marshall [mailto:gwjm56@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: What happened to the Tomact 6 Monitor?
>
> The scenario I define here happens EVERY TIME I install
> and then reboot my Vista machine, within which, I believe
> I have admin rights.

You probably don't.  Unlike previous versions of Windows, Vista does not grant administrative
privileges to an account just because it's a member of the Administrators group.  Whatever
program you want to execute as an administrator has to be started with the "Run as Administrator"
option.

To enable the Tomcat monitor, find the tomcat6w.exe program (not tomcat6.exe) in Tomcat's
bin directory with Explorer, right-click on the program entry, select the Compatibility tab,
and then check the "Run this program as an administrator" box.  This will allow the Tomcat
monitor icon to be placed in the system tray and start the service.  However, you will still
get an annoying UAC dialog box at boot time asking you to ok what you did; I don't know how
to get rid of that without turning off UAC completely.

 - Chuck