tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: friendly urls
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 20:09:44 GMT
> From: Dan Vega [mailto:danvega@gmail.com]
> Subject: friendly urls
>
> I have a url that looks like this and from what I
> understand tomcat does not support this

Your understanding is incorrect; Tomcat doesn't care what URLs you give it - but your webapp
might.

> http://dev.danvega.org/blog/index.cfm/2009/2/5/CFMU-Updates-coming-soon

> 1.) move to resin

Won't help.

> 2.) use a friendly url servlet.

Tomcat is a servlet container; it's the servlets of your webapps that process the URL.  Tomcat
only matches whatever portion of the URL you've configured for each webapp, and then passes
the request on to the appropriate webapp.  From that point on, it's up to the webapp to decipher
and handle the request.

In your case, it looks like you want to use ColdFusion under Tomcat; if so, a little Googling
would have found numerous descriptions of how to do it, including this one from Adobe itself:
http://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/j2ee/phase2-tomcat-deploy.html

Or if you want to use Railo instead:
http://railo.ch/en/index.cfm?treeID=351

 - Chuck