tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: instance has been stopped. could not loadoracle.toplink.essentials...
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 15:24:08 GMT
> From: news [mailto:news@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Thufir
> Subject: instance has been stopped. could not
> loadoracle.toplink.essentials...

> I can't quite predict with certainty when this error
> will occur:

And we can't predict what Tomcat version you're running on.  You might be a mentat, but the
rest of us aren't.

>  86899  Feb 28, 2009 10:05:50 PM
> org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader loadClass
>  86900  INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been
> stopped already.

It looks like the webapp was already on the way down when the above message (note that it's
INFO, not ERROR) was displayed.  You may have run into the problem of your logging environment
trying to reinitialize itself when it shouldn't.  You can try setting the system property:

org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.ENABLE_CLEAR_REFERENCES

to false, but that may end up with a webapp that can't be reloaded.  Doc is here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/systemprops.html#Other

(Mixing anything from Oracle with MSSQL?  That's gutsy.)

 - Chuck