tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric B." <ebe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: dbcp pool freezing
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:32:34 GMT
"Philippe Martinou" <philippe.martinou@sparkom.com> wrote in message
news:49887D2F.3000109@sparkom.com...
>    Hi,
>
> The first thing to be checked is probably your application. If some method
> does not properly close an SQL connection, you will have a leak that will
> ultimately lead to this resource exhaustion.
> To better trace if this is a case, you may for example create a Wrapper of
> SqlConnection that counts connection creation/close.

I've been trying to figure out how to create a Wrapper of SqlConnection, but
am having trouble getting this to work.  Would you mind giving me a couple
of pointers where to start?  I tried to see if I could put my own wrapper to
the MySQL driver in my context resource, but it doesn't have a get/close.
And I'm not quite sure how to get my own wrapper used instead of the
standard sql.connection implementation.

Is there a way to indicate that you want a different implementation of
sql.connection used?

Thanks,

Eric