tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric B." <>
Subject Re: AJP vs HTTP connectors?
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 15:38:03 GMT
"Mark Thomas" <> wrote in message
> The (very) short version is:
> mod_proxy_ajp is not as stable as mod_jk.
> mod_jk and mod_proxy_http are prety much neck and neck. mod_proxy_http has
> very slight edge on average but on a case by case basis either may be the
> better
> choice.

Is there any documentation / howtos available for securely setting up
mod_proxy_http and/or mod_proxy_ajp with tomcat?  The little that I
know/remember about mod_proxy_http is that if you're not careful, you can
end up with some major security holes in your installation.

I did a quick cursory search and found enormous references to setting up
mod_jk; there doesn't seem to be as much ref material for either
mod_proxy_http or mod_proxy_ajp.

However, all this begs the question - what is the difference between mod_jk
which communicates via AJP and mod_proxy_ajp?  Doesn't mod_proxy_ajp just
communicate via the AJP protocol as well?  In which case, isn't that
tantamount to having the same issues/considerations as the AJP protocol in
the first place?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message