tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric B." <>
Subject Re: AJP vs HTTP connectors?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 21:13:51 GMT
"Gregor Schneider" <> wrote in message
> hm, since I'd like to avoid to browse through the whole webinar:
> what are the benefits / advantages / disadvantages?
> actually we've been quite happy with mod_jk, that's why I'm wondering

That's why I'm wondering the same thing as well.  They don't say much except
that AJP is less configurable and more difficult to debug since it is a
binary protocol, it doesn't perform any better than the HTTP/1.1 protocol
and that they do not recommend its use.  Other than that, they don't say
much about it, so I find myself wondering as well.

I've been using mod_jk for several years now, but am looking at a brand new
deployment (new servers, new app, new cluster, etc), so I was wondering
myself if it was worth looking at different ways to connect to apache.  The
only other thing I found was mod_proxy, but from what I gathered quickly, is
that it is not as reliable and slower.

Anyone have any ideas?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: