tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric B." <>
Subject AJP vs HTTP connectors?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 20:20:20 GMT

I was listening to a webinar on spring source by Filip Hanik & Mark Thomas
regarding tuning Tomcat for production in which they indicate that the Http
connector is recommended vs an AJP connector

My question, then becomes, if someone wants to use Tomcat to serve up pages
behind Apache Httpd, how to configure it to use the http connector?  So far,
the only thing I found is to use proxy/reverse proxy which is slow and can
be problematic.  To date, I've always been using mod_jk with AJP connector,
but is there a better/preferred way to do this?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message