tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric B." <ebe...@hotmail.com>
Subject AJP vs HTTP connectors?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 20:20:20 GMT
Hi,

I was listening to a webinar on spring source by Filip Hanik & Mark Thomas
regarding tuning Tomcat for production in which they indicate that the Http
connector is recommended vs an AJP connector
(http://www.springsource.com/node/555).

My question, then becomes, if someone wants to use Tomcat to serve up pages
behind Apache Httpd, how to configure it to use the http connector?  So far,
the only thing I found is to use proxy/reverse proxy which is slow and can
be problematic.  To date, I've always been using mod_jk with AJP connector,
but is there a better/preferred way to do this?

Thanks!

Eric