tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kees de Kooter <kdekoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 5 and the JVM
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 13:45:40 GMT
Hi Ray,

It is one JVM, but separate classloaders so applications do not "see"
classes of other apps.

Oh and please be extremely careful with using System.gc(). Using it
can lead to severe and unexpected performance issues. If you "need"
gc() you almost always have a flaw in your code.

Cheers,
Kees de Kooter
http://www.boplicity.net