tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gregor Schneider <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: HelloWorld and NoClassDefFoundError
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 15:10:45 GMT
Hm, this answer has been given quite a few times recently - I guess it
makes sens to put it on the FAQ: http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ

Rgds

Gregor

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
<Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:

> Indicative of a broken Tomcat installation, which is pretty typical with these 3rd-party
repackaged versions.  I strongly suggest you throw away that junk and install a real Tomcat
from tomcat.apache.org; this mailing list is littered with problem reports from attempted
use of non-standard Tomcat installations.  If you insist on using the package from Debian,
you'll need to consult whatever Debian support mechanisms there are.

--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2