tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gregor Schneider <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Why tomcat 6.0.18 looks for MySQL JDBC driver to be placed in CATALINA_HOME/lib folder?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 13:11:22 GMT
Within the docs I do not see a recommendation to place the JDBC-driver
both in ${CATALIN_HOME}/lib *AND* WEB-INF:

==============

1. Install Your JDBC Driver

Use of the JDBC Data Sources JNDI Resource Factory requires that you
make an appropriate JDBC driver available to both Tomcat internal
classes and to your web application. This is most easily accomplished
by installing the driver's JAR file(s) into the $CATALINA_HOME/lib
directory, which makes the driver available both to the resource
factory and to your application.

===============

> 2. If I copied more than one JDBC jars (with different version) in
> CATALINA_HOME/lib folder for couple of my applications, how each of them
> looks for the respective versions of JDBC driver?

I'd reconsider my webapps preferabbly:

Why should your webapps require different versions of the same
JDBC-driver? Do you have different instance of MySQL running?
If not, IMHO that doesn't make any sense at all.

Rgds

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2