tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Soudakov <so...@chem.psu.edu>
Subject Re: tomcat webapp FORM authentication problem
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 11:24:47 GMT
Thanks. I thought it should be something stupid and obvious... Here we
are. Embrassing, but I guess I deserved that. Everything works now, I
after I put the resources outside the protected area. And from now on,
I will treat my browser with more respect, and I will give back its
cache and cookies.

Thanks again,
Alex

On Feb 24, 2009, at 10:13 PM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

>> From: Alexander Soudackov [mailto:souda@chem.psu.edu]
>> Subject: tomcat webapp FORM authentication problem
>>
>> I have a very annoying problem with a secured folder
>> in my tomcat web application.
>
> You could start the problem description by telling us the version of
> Tomcat you're using.  It's likely not pertinent for this particular
> issue, but it's annoying to hide such information.
>
>> The problem #1 is: login.html displays a form BUT there
>> is NO images, NO CSS formatting, and Javascript!
>
> Think about it: you've declared the resources noted as being
> protected, authentication has not occurred, yet somehow you're
> expecting Tomcat to magically ignore the protection settings when
> the browser requests these resources?  You can't have it both ways -
> you need to place the resources the form needs outside of the
> protected area.
>
>> The problem #2 is: after successful authentication the
>> browser shows the SOURCE of the first javascript referenced
>> in index.html, instead of index.html
>
> Try fixing the first problem and see if the second one disappears.
>
>> The problems reoccur after cleaning the cash and cookies of
>> the browser.
>
> You robbed your browser?  Or did you clean out its cache?
>
> - Chuck

> PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended
> recipient. If you received this in error, please contact the sender
> and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.

==================================
Alexander Soudackov
Research Assistant Professor
Department of Chemistry