tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "epicwinter@hotmail.com" <epicwin...@hotmail.com>
Subject running tomcat with root user
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2009 03:25:04 GMT

I have the latest tomcat 6 installed under centos 5.2.  The problem I am having is that it
appears that I have to run tomcat as root user, because the spring app that tomcat starts
needs to write files to other users' home directories.  The tomcat user doesn't have access
to these directories.

I tried making these users part of a shared group, but to complicate the problem the users
are jailed using jailkit.  So it doesn't appear that jailkit lets me add group write privileges
to the home directories and maintain a working jail.

Can anyone suggest another alternative?  I am not linux user expert so maybe there is an obvious
solution i am missing?
thanks

Windows Live™ Hotmail®…more than just e-mail.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_howitworks_012009