tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "epicwinter@hotmail.com" <epicwin...@hotmail.com>
Subject WEB-INF/classes vs WEB-INF/lib/classes.jar file
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 05:51:46 GMT

Is there any advantage why I should not just jar all my class files and put them in WEB-INF/lib
rather than exploding the jar file to the classes directory?

I like developing with the classes and I understand it is nice to let tomcat deploy a .war
file but it also creates some problems for me because i deploy to multiple production servers
with different settings that get overwritten every time my war file is expanded.

http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_explore_022009