tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Backup of TOMCAT required
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 16:04:28 GMT

Good Morning Singh-

any technical reasons for staying with an outdated 1.4 JVM..as you wont be able to take advantage
of advanced gc and generics in JVM 6
?

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission.

> From: randhir.singh@elitecore.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Subject: Backup of TOMCAT required
> Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 21:19:24 +0530
>
> I had a doubt that should the backup of TOMCAT be taken as we are going to
> swap our server to a new one with better congifuration. I will explain the
> environment of our system a little
>

> 1) Application server- JBOSS
>
> 2) Web server- Apache & tomcat
>
> 3) Application details- Java(1.4.2)
>

> Actually, I had taken the backup of TOMCAT around a week back in preparation
> of the swap for migration. But, one change is going to happen in our
> application in the form of a hotfix tomorrow and our migration is scheduled
> for day after. So, should a backup of TOMCAT be taken after our application
> hotfix is applied. Also, should a back of java($JAVA_HOME) and
> ant($ANT_HOME) be taken, we use j2sdk1.4.x for java and apache-ant-1.6.1 for
> ant.
>

> I hope, my question is clear.
>

> Please, help in solving the doubt.
>

> regards

Windows Liveā„¢: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_howitworks_022009