tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ladislav Gaspar" <ladislav.gas...@it-vision.com>
Subject AW: NoClassDefFoundError: HttpServlet
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 08:46:18 GMT
The sample servlets work.
You say that the problem must be in my webapp. But what could that be?

Laci

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 2. Februar 2009 20:47
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: RE: NoClassDefFoundError: HttpServlet

> From: Ladislav Gaspar [mailto:ladislav.gaspar@it-vision.com]
> Subject: AW: NoClassDefFoundError: HttpServlet
>
> Sorry for the misinformation. The the servlet-api.jar is in
> $catalina_home/lib. The %CLASSPATH% is not adjusted

The symptoms are still identical with those that appear when servlet-api.jar is in WEB-INF/lib
or otherwise appears in multiple places in a given branch of the classloader tree.  Note that
the conflicting servlet classes might also be hidden inside a jar of a different name, such
as j2ee.jar.

Do the sample servlet and JSP apps that come with Tomcat work?  If so, the problem is inside
your webapp; if not, then there's another copy of the servlet classes lurking somewhere visible
to Tomcat, perhaps in the endorsed directory.

 - Chuck