tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Winnall <st...@winnall.ch>
Subject Re: WebdavServlet + custom DirContext = unexpected behaviour
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 13:23:51 GMT
On 14 Feb 2009, at 21:04, Mark Thomas wrote:

> Stephen Winnall wrote:
>>
>> <Context>
>>   <Resources className="org.vimia.xw.db.dircontext.DBDirContext" />
>>   <Resource name="jdbc/xwdb" auth="Container"
>>         type="javax.sql.DataSource"
>> driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
>>         url="..."
>>         username="..." password="..." maxActive="20" maxIdle="10"
>> maxWait="-1"/>
>> </Context>
>>
> If you replace the DirContext implementation, Tomcat will look in your
> database for WEB-INF/web.xml which is where the WebDAV servlet needs
> be defined. Did you include this resource (and any other required
> WEB-INF resources) in your database?

So WEB-INF/web.xml *does* have to be in the database. Does this mean
that the whole servlet context has to be in the database? Duh, is this
why it is called DirContext?

> I assume your context.xml file is under:
> CATALINA_BASE/<engine name>/<host name>/

It's under CATALINA_BASE/conf/<engine name>/<host name>/, but I guess
that's what you meant.

Thanks for your help, Mark. This means a major re-think for me, but at
least I now know what I have to think about!

Steve